New Gadget Madly In Hope
Jump to navigation
On: 10 March 2010
Droneo 1.2 is in the store!
Droneo 1.2 is in the App Store now... update yourself and tell your friends!
Well, that was a fast approval: Droneo 1.2 is on the store now! Tell your friends and update yourself!
I just updated the web site at http://www.jhhl.net/iPhone/Droneo, so you can get details in there, but here's a precis of the new features:
- More insect timbres, triangle and square timbres, and Evolving Mirror timbres, and new Evolving Chant.
Evolving Chant randomly changes vocal timbres while its evolving.
- The Timbre Picker has been reorganized into groups!. This ought to make it faster to pick through the 40 timbres Droneo has now, and more later!
Also, the droneo:// URI scheme will launch Droneo and try to load the droneo voice that the rest of the URI points to. I have a page of these (a small one) at http://www.jhhl.net/iPhone/Droneo/Voices/.
- New spash page!. More honeycombs, drool, drool. The icon is still the same though. Sorry for those who hate bugs on their iPhones.
- Longer wave form : more accurate sounding timbres, especially at low frequencies. The insect patches are especially goos at low speeds.
- Fine tuning for the Base Frequency . If you are trying to tune Droneo to real-world instruments, you can now fine tune the base frequency with a slider when you set it.
- Inherited base frequencies. You can set the base frequency to "K" and it will use the last manually set base frequency as its own base frequency.
so you can set up a bunch of Voices that can be fine tuned simultaneously to the first Voice. You can also transpose that frequency by octaves up or down (with K+1, K-1, etc. ), so there are some patches that will be in tune, but use high (or low) intervals.
- Standard note names for reed intervals now sport octaves! Not much of a feature, but it looks nice!
Well, that's a little chewy, but nevertheless, I think this new Droneo is worth a look!
posted at 20:56:17 on 03/10/10 2010