Sruti Box Version Information
- v1.4 - October , 2014
- Updated for ios8, and iPhone 4,5,6,6+.
- New backgrounds which are pretty generic.
- Updated instructions.
- v1.3 - August , 2010
- Base frequency has fine tuning slider now.
- 4.0 play-in-background enabled.
- v1.2.2 - Sept 30, 2009
- Base frequency can be set down to 0.01 Hz
- New Impulse Timbres: more interesting at low frequencies.
- Chorus and Churn speeds are made into integers so that two iPhones at the same speed will stay in synch.
- Under OS 3.1, the Instructions were not scrolling .
- v1.2.1 - Feb 16 2009
- "Churn" now controlled by tapping the churn/chorus slider label. There is no more "Churn" button
- New lower octave of pitch settings (A0, Bb0, etc.), useful for high harmonics.
- Churn now churns using associated Timbre settings.
- UI reorganized to make that change more useful
- New Info and Save buttons
- Save called "Save" instead of "Add" in save screen.
- Saved settings save all the parameters and not just the reed volumes .
- New Impulse Timbre for low frequency explorations.
- Setting churn rate no longer resets the sound to use the left volume settings.
- Increased number of buffers to help get over some breaks when multi tasking
- Vocal timbres now are generated more quickly - there's still a little gap in the sound when choosing them
- v1.2.0 - Dec 5 2008
- "Churn" feature interpolates between two sets of reed volumes. this second set is revealed when you touch "Churn".
- Sample rate is now 22050Hz
- (S) button moved to prevent accidents
- Reloading a patch by clicking the title now requires a double click, again to prevent accidents.
- Individual vocal timbres no longer available. Vocal timbres now merge Bass, Tenor, Alto, Soprano into one timbre, add new vocal timbres "E, I".
- Audio under iPhone 2.2 now plays when the phone is "asleep" or in Hold mode.
- Sliders under iPhone 2.2 jump to tapped position.
- v1.1.1 - Nov 4 2008
- Version file (this file) had bad html in it!
- Name saving fixes: bad names would not tell you they were bad, rename would look like it exited edit mode.!
- Base freq in 4th octave with ET setting wouldn't name the notes as per the preferred key.!
- v1.1.0 - Oct 2, 2008
- "pumping" is more realistic now. It's more responsive to keeping it "pumped" by hand (unless you change the minimum volume).
It keeps the lower numbered reeds going while fading out the higher numbered reeds as the "air pressure" goes down.
- Sample rate increased to 16537.5 Hz.
- New timbre list picker give the timbres names. Many new timbres as well!
Some new timbres are calculated with weighted harmonic content to sumulate "real" reeds,
other new timbres are based on human vowel sounds.
- New "stretch" button hides the block of controls at the top of the screen and opens up the array of volume controls for more accurate sliding and multi touch control!
- The Harm and Sruti Interval Sets, along with two others, are customizable sets.
You can define intervals in a number of ways, name the intervals and name the interval sets.
- Sliders have max and min icons at the bottom for easier settings of sliders.
- Triple clicking a volume slider will cause all the other volume sliders to be set to the same value.
- You can save and restore the whole SrutiBox's settings under a name. The settings can be deleted and renamed.
- If you put in a bad Base Frequency, let you correct it immediately, and unrecognized base frequencies respond with '?'
- Revised instructions, made type bigger!
- Problem "clicking on the info button sometimes does nothing" fixed.
It was really too close to the top of the screen, which is a known iPhone problem.
- Optimized the inner synthesis loop, allowing a higher sample rate.
- v1.0.1 - released Sept 2, 2008
- Added versions information (this file).
- Made the "air" decay more quickly.
- New "splash" screen while loading.
- Nicer icon.
- Chorus speed top limit lengthened to 60 secconds.
- Lowest frequency dropped to 10 Hz.
- Fixed typos and other aesthetics in the instructions.
- Setting the minimum volume does not jump the current volume ("air pressure") to that new value - it lets it go there naturally.
- v1.0 - Aug 14, 2008
- initial release
© 2008-9 Henry Lowengard, sruti box picture from http://www.kalakendar.com/